Definition of Personal Information
Sankyo Diamond Industrial co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as "Sankyo Diamond") shall define that personal information means information about existing individuals, including the name, birth date and other descriptions about them, or a number, symbol, code, image or sound assigned to them, that identifies the individuals (it shall also include the information
that cannot identify individuals by itself, but can, as it easily can be verified with some other information.) In addition, it shall not be limited to personal identifiers, but shall include any information that indicates a fact, recognition and assessment about the attribute of individuals, including a physical characteristic, property, occupation or status.
Sankyo Diamond protects and manages personal information with the greatest care and the best effort based on the "Sankyo Diamond Personal Information Protection Policy" below.
Scope of Application
This document, "About Personal Information Protection," establishes the Sankyo Diamond's procedures for handling personal information.
Sankyo Diamond Personal Information Protection Policy
- Collect, use and provide personal information
While carefully considering the customer's information is entrusted to us in our company activities, Sankyo Diamond will handle such information appropriately by establishing a management system for personal information protection for each type of business, and also by following our rules for collecting, using or providing personal information.
- Follow laws and norms
When handling personal information, Sankyo Diamond will follow the laws and other norms set for protection of the information concerned. Sankyo Diamond will establish original personal information management rules compliant with such laws and other norms.
- Implement safety measures
To ensure the correctness and safety of personal information, in accordance with the rules for information security, Sankyo Diamond will implement various measures such as managing access to personal information, restricting the means for transporting personal information outside the company and preventing incorrect access from outside the company, and strive to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification, leakage, or other abuses of personal information.
- Respect a person's rights regarding his or her personal information
When a person makes a request to disclose, correct or delete his or her own personal information, seeks to prevent the use or provision of such information, Sankyo Diamond will respond with sincerity, respecting the person's rights related to that personal information.
- Establish rules for managing personal information protection and make continual improvements
Sankyo Diamond will make sure that executive staff and workers recognize the importance of personal information protection, and will establish rules for personal information management to appropriately use and protect personal information and ensure that it is put in execution. These rules will be maintained and improved continually.
Collection/Usage Purpose and Provision to Third Party of Personal Information
- In relation to Sankyo Diamond's main business activities for manufacturing and selling power tools and life science instruments, Sankyo Diamond will use personal information only to achieve each purpose.
- Execution of a contract concluded between Sankyo Diamond and a customer
- Contacts for business negotiations and meetings with a customer.
- Delivery of after-sales service on products.
- Sending of information on events and new products.
- Delivery of various membership services.
- Affairs of stocks.
- Response to various inquiries from a customer.
- Analysis based on questionnaires to improve products and services.
- Provision of personal information to the group company in case of co-operation with them.
- Sankyo Diamond will not provide the personal information with a third party without first obtaining consent of the customer, except in the following cases:
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is based on laws
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is specially necessary for improving public hygiene or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer
- Cases in which the provision of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state institution, a local public body, or an individual or entity entrusted by one in executing the operations prescribed by laws and in which obtaining the consent of the customer might impede the execution of the operations concerned
- Cases in which an entry handling personal information entrust the handling of personal information in whole or in part within the scope necessary for the achievement of the Purpose of Use
- Case in which personal information is provided as a result of the take-over of business in a merger or otherwise
- When required to do so for business activities in which Sankyo Diamond is cooperating with the group companies, Sankyo Diamond may provide such group companies with personal information such as a name, workplace or home addresses, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc. If this is the case, the personal information will be provided in print or electronic media. In addition, the customer may request us to stop the provision of the personal information with the group companies.
- When a customer contacts Sankyo Diamond by telephone, the conversation may be recorded to aid accurate replies.
About Usage of Cookies and Web beacons
A customer can refuse to receive a cookie, or can display a warning message when receiving a cookie by changing the setting of a web browser. For more details, please see the instructions of a web browser you are using. Moreover, a customer can reject a Web beacon by setting to refuse the receipt of a cookie.
But, in the first case, please note that a customer may not be able to use the all or part of our services provided in the website.
Mean information exchanged one another between a web server that controls a web site and a web browser that a customer uses. Cookies may be saved as files in the disk of a customer's PC.
If you use a cookie, the web server can track and record information about which pages in the web site the particular computer visits etc. However, we cannot identify the customer unless he or she enters the personal information into the web site.
*2 Web Beacons
Mean technology that functions with a cookie to check how many times a customer accesses a particular page. However, we cannot identify the customer unless he or she enters the personal information when receiving cookies.
Request to customer
- While most of Sankyo Diamond's services can be used without the personal information, please note that some services are only available with the submission of the personal information.
- Please note that Sankyo Diamond is not responsible for the security of personal information in any non-Sankyo Diamond website whose link is included in the Sankyo Diamond's web site.
- If a customer enters the personal information into the Sankyo Diamond's website, he or she is required to agree upon the provisions in this document, "About Personal Information Protection", otherwise you may not use our services (including response to inquiries).
- Our personal information protection policy shall be in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- Sankyo Diamond may revise this document, "About Personal Information Protection," to improve the handling of personal information and/or due to the revision of laws or ordinances, or other rules or regulations.
- The implementation of this document, "About Personal Information Protection," shall be after the issued date (or revised date).
- If each web contents has its own personal information policy, this policy shall supersede the provisions of any other policies in the Sankyo Diamond web contents.
Inquiries about This Website
1770 Hongo, Ebina-City,Kanagawa 243-0417 Japan
Sankyo Diamond Industrial Co., Ltd. General Affairs Section